From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Effect of number of keyspaces on write-throughput....
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 09:02:32 GMT
> On the homepage of libQtCassandra, its mentioned that switching between keyspaces is costly
when storing into Cassandra thereby affecting the write throughput. Is this necessarily true
for other libraries like pycassa and hector as well?

When using the thrift connection the keyspace is a part of the connection state, so changing
keyspaces requires a round trip to the server. Not hugely expensive, but it adds up if you
do it a lot.

>                 Can I increase the write throughput by configuring all the clients to
store in a single keyspace instead of multiple keyspaces to increase the write throughput?

You should expect to get 3,000 to 4,000 writes per core per node.

What are you getting now?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/05/2014, at 4:06 pm, Krishna Chaitanya <bnsk1990rulz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have an application that writes network packets to a Cassandra cluster from a number
of client nodes. It uses the libQtCassandra library to access Cassandra. On the homepage of