From tommaso barbugli <tbarbu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Backup procedure
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 17:14:46 GMT
In my tests compressing with lzop sstables (with cassandra compression
turned on) resulted in approx. 50% smaller files.
Thats probably because the chunks of data compressed by lzop are way bigger
than the average size of writes performed on Cassandra (not sure how data
is compressed but I guess it is done per single cell so unless one stores)