From Krishna Chaitanya <bnsk1990r...@gmail.com>
Subject Effect of number of keyspaces on write-throughput....
Date Sun, 11 May 2014 04:06:39 GMT
Hello,
I have an application that writes network packets to a Cassandra cluster
from a number of client nodes. It uses the libQtCassandra library to access
Cassandra. On the homepage of libQtCassandra, its mentioned that switching
between keyspaces is costly when storing into Cassandra thereby affecting
the write throughput. Is this necessarily true for other libraries like
pycassa and hector as well?
                Can I increase the write throughput by configuring all the
clients to store in a single keyspace instead of multiple keyspaces to
increase the write throughput?

Thankyou.