From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Is the updating compaction strategy from 'sized tiered' to 'leveled' automatic or need to be done manually?
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 17:45:30 GMT
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 12:24 AM, Daniel Chia <danchia@coursera.org> wrote:

> If you want to trigger a conversion to LCS of the on-disk sstables, doing
> "nodetool compact <cf>" should achieve what you want.

For more detail and a caveat :

"
The workaround to call "nodetool compact" only works when there is at least
some activity, causing there to be more than 1 sstable. I've just tested
with a cluster that was not receiving any reads nor writes. In that case
calling "nodetool compact" does not do anything ...
"

=Rob