From Clint Kelly <clint.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop InputFormat that supports multiple queries
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 18:56:11 GMT
Hi everyone,

I couple of months ago I started working on a new Hadoop InputFormat
that we needed for something at my work.  It is in a semi-working
state now so I thought I would post a link in case anyone is
interested:

https://github.com/wibiclint/cassandra2-hadoop2

At the time I started working on this, I wanted a driver that used the
DataStax Java driver.  I saw that the most recent Cassandra release
uses the Java driver to Hadoop integration, so that somewhat obviates
what I was doing, but it has a couple of other features that folks
might find useful:

* You can combine the results of multiple queries to multiple tables
* You can group rows based on the partition key, plus some optional
subset of the clustering columns

Thanks to the folks on the list who helped answer my questions while I
was writing this.

Best regards,
Clint