From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra counter column family performance
Date Mon, 19 May 2014 08:43:15 GMT
> I get a lot of TExceptions
What are the exceptions ?

In general counters are slower than writes, but that does not lead them to fail like that.

Check the logs for errors and/or messages from the GCInspector saying the garbage collection
is going on.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 13/05/2014, at 9:51 pm, Batranut Bogdan <batranub@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a counter CF defined as pk text PRIMARY KEY, a counter, b counter, c counter,
d counter
> After inserting a few million keys... 55 mil, the performance goes down the drain, 2-3
nodes in the cluster are on medium load, and when inserting batches of same lengths writes
take longer and longer until the whole cluster becomes loaded and I get a lot of TExceptions...
and the cluster becomes unresponsive.