From Dave Brosius <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject Re: What % of cassandra developers are employed by Datastax?
Date Sat, 17 May 2014 14:48:33 GMT
The question assumes that it's likely that datastax employees become
committers.

Actually, it's more likely that committers become datastax employees.

So this underlying tone that datastax only really 'wants' datastax
employees to be cassandra committers, is really misleading.

Why wouldn't a company want to hire people who have shown a desire and
aptitude to work on products that they care about? It's just rational.
And damn genius, actually.

I'm sure they'd be happy to have an influx of non-datastax committers.
patches welcome.

dave