From Artur Kronenberg <artur.kronenb...@openmarket.com>
Subject Re: repair -pr does not return
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 08:36:03 GMT
Hi,

to be honest 2 days for 200GB nodes doesn't sound too unreasonable to me
(depending on your hardware of course). We were running a ~20 GB cluster
with regualr hard drives (no SSD) and our first repair ran a day as well
if I recall correctly. We since improved our hardware and got it down to
a couple of hours (~5h for all nodes triggering a -pr repair).

As far as I know you can use nodetool compactionstats and nodetool
netstats to check for activity on your repairs. There may be a chance
that it is hanging but also that it just really takes a quite long time.

Cheers,

-- artur