From Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Disable reads during node rebuild
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 22:47:58 GMT
> As of 2.0.7, driftx has added this long-requested feature.
Thanks

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 13/05/2014, at 9:36 am, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Paulo Ricardo Motta Gomes <paulo.motta@chaordicsystems.com>
wrote:
> Is there a way to disable reads from a node while performing rebuild from another datacenter?
I tried starting the node in write survery mode, but the nodetool rebuild command does not
work in this mode.

> As of 2.0.7, driftx has added this long-requested feature.

> Note that it is impossible to completely close the race window here as long as writes
are incoming, this functionality just dramatically shortens it.