From Colin <co...@clark.ws>
Subject Re: What % of cassandra developers are employed by Datastax?
Date Fri, 16 May 2014 23:44:49 GMT
I used cassandra for years at NYSE and we were able to do what we wanted with cassandra by
leveraging open source and internal development knowing that cassandra did what we wanted
it to do and that no one could ever take the code away from us in a worst case scenario.

Compare and contrast that with the pure proprietary model, and I'm sure it will help you sleep
easier.

--
Colin Clark
+1-320-221-9531

> On May 15, 2014, at 10:52 AM, "Jack Krupansky" <jack@basetechnology.com> wrote:
>
> You can always check the project committer wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Committers
>
> -- Jack Krupansky

really buy an Open Source project, you can acquire all the developers and essentially do the
same thing.