From Chris Lohfink <clohf...@blackbirdit.com>
Subject Re: Couter column family performance problems
Date Thu, 15 May 2014 19:13:44 GMT
What version are you using?  and what consistency level are you using for your inserts?  A
CL.ONE for instance can end up with a large backup in the replicateOnWrite (or CounterMutation
depending on version) stage since it happens outside the feedback loop from the request and
can be a little slow.  if it shows large pending/blocked in "nodetool tpstats" might be overrunning
your capacity.

---
Chris Lohfink

On May 12, 2014, at 5:03 PM, Batranut Bogdan <batranub@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a counter CF defined as pk text PRIMARY KEY, a counter, b counter, c counter,
d counter
> After inserting a few million keys... 55 mil, the performance goes down the drain, 2-3
nodes in the cluster are on medium load, and when inserting batches of same lengths writes
take longer and longer until the whole cluster becomes loaded and I get a lot of TExceptions...
and the cluster becomes unresponsive.