From Batranut Bogdan <>
Subject Re: cassandra snapshots
Date Mon, 05 May 2014 19:53:14 GMT
Hello Robert,

Neither of those actions were taken on that cf as far as I know. In that cf we only insert
historical data. No deletes no drops / truncates.

On Monday, May 5, 2014 10:50 PM, Robert Coli <> wrote:
On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Batranut Bogdan <> wrote:

I have a big col family and I see that cassandra is taking snapshots for it. I do not have
incremental enabled. What are the triggers that start the process of taking a snapshot? Is
is automatic ?

It's automatic if you DROP or TRUNCATE a columnfamily or keyspace.

View raw message