From Shamim <>
Subject Re: Cassandra & MapReduce/Storm/ etc
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 10:12:59 GMT
  check out these following links:
Best regards
  Shamim A.

11.05.2014, 22:17, "Manoj Khangaonkar" <>:
> Hi,
> Searching for Cassandra with MapReduce, I am finding that the search results are really
dated -- from version 0.7 & 2010/2011.
> Is there a good blog/article that describes how using MapReduce on Cassandra table ?
> From my naive understanding, Cassandra is all about partitioning. Querying is based on
partitionkey + clustered column(s).
> Inputs to MapReduce is a sequence of Key,values. For Storm it is a stream of tuples.
> If a database table is input source for MapReduce or Storm, for me , this is in the simple
case, is translating to a full table scan of the input table, which can timeout and is generally
not a recommended access pattern in Cassandra.
> My initial reaction is that if I need to process data with MapReduce or Storm, reading
it from Cassandra might not be the optimal way. Storing the output to Cassandra however does
make sense.
> If anyone had links to blogs or personal experience in this area, I would appreciate
if you can share it.
> regards

View raw message