From Shamim <sre...@yandex.ru>
Subject Re: Cassandra & MapReduce/Storm/ etc
Date Mon, 12 May 2014 10:12:59 GMT
Hi,
  check out these following links:
1) http://frommyworkshop.blogspot.ru/search/label/Cassandra
2) http://frommyworkshop.blogspot.ru/2012/07/single-node-hadoop-cassandra-pig-setup.html
--
Best regards
  Shamim A.

11.05.2014, 22:17, "Manoj Khangaonkar" <khangaonkar@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Searching for Cassandra with MapReduce, I am finding that the search results are really
dated -- from version 0.7 & 2010/2011.

> Is there a good blog/article that describes how using MapReduce on Cassandra table ?
>
> From my naive understanding, Cassandra is all about partitioning. Querying is based on
partitionkey + clustered column(s).

> Inputs to MapReduce is a sequence of Key,values. For Storm it is a stream of tuples.
>
> If a database table is input source for MapReduce or Storm, for me , this is in the simple
case, is translating to a full table scan of the input table, which can timeout and is generally
not a recommended access pattern in Cassandra.

> My initial reaction is that if I need to process data with MapReduce or Storm, reading
it from Cassandra might not be the optimal way. Storing the output to Cassandra however does
make sense.