I would go with option 1.

I think it is the safer of the two options, involves less work and if something were to go wrong mid migration you can remove the second DC from your keyspace replication and have a clean break. SimpleStrategy will work across DCs. It is generally advised to not use it across DCs as it is hard to maintain and can induce latency on writes depending on DC distance, however as you are just migrating and then killing the original DC you won't face these issues.

Mark