Ok so you want to enable auth on Cassandra itself. You will want to look into the authentication and authorisation functionality then.

Here is a quick overview: http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/a-quick-tour-of-internal-authentication-and-authorization-security-in-datastax-enterprise-and-apache-cassandra

This section of the docs should give you the technical details needed to move forward on this: http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/cassandra/security/securityTOC.html

Mark

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 7:31 AM, Check Peck <comptechgeeky@gmail.com> wrote:
Just to add, nobody should be able to read and write into our Cassandra database through any API or any CQL client as well only our team should be able to do that.