What values for the FlushWriter line would draw concern to you?  What is the difference between Blocked and All Time Blocked?

From: Nate McCall []
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2014 4:22 PM
To: Cassandra Users
Subject: Re: Commit logs building up

What was the impetus for turning up the commitlog_segment_size_in_mb?

Also, in nodetool tpstats, do what are the values for the FlushWriter line?

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Christopher Wirt <> wrote:

We’re running 2.0.5, recently upgraded from 1.2.14.

Sometimes we are seeing CommitLogs starting to build up.

Is this a potential bug? Or a symptom of something else we can easily address?

We have

commitlog_sync: periodic

commitlog_segment_size_in_mb: 512

Nate McCall