From Hari Rajendhran <hari.rajendh...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra Disk storage capacity
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:24:29 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the update

Still i have few queries which needs to be clarified

1) I am confused why cassandra uses the entire disk space ( / Directory) even when we specify
/var/lib/cassandra/data as the directory in Cassandra.yaml file
2) Is it only during compaction ,cassandra will use the entire Disk space ?
3) What is the best way to monitor the cassandra Disk usage ?? is there a opensource monitoring
tool for this ??

Best Regards
Hari Krishnan Rajendhran
Hadoop Admin