From Brian Tarbox <tar...@cabotresearch.com>
Subject Specifying startBefore with iterators with compositeKeys
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2014 14:53:38 GMT
I have a composite key consisting of: (integer, bytes) and I have rows like:
(1,abc), (1,def), (2,abc), (2,def) and I want to find all rows with the
integer part = 2.

I need to create a startBeyondName using CompositeType.Builder class and am
wondering if specifying (2, Bytes.Empty) will sort correctly?

I think another way of saying this is: "does HeapByteBuffer with
pos=,lim=0,cap=0 sort prior to any other possible HeapByteBuffer?

Thanks.