From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to new datacenter
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 18:09:31 GMT
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:48 AM, Brandon McCauslin <bm3780@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the confirmation on the approach.  The new dc is not yet ready,
> but while I'm waiting I was thinking about updating the existing dc's
> replication strategy from "SimpleStrategy" to "NetworkTopologyStrategy".  I
> also assume I'll need to update my snitch from the current SimpleSnitch to
> PropertyFileSnitch.  Here's the steps I'm thinking:

Here's a brief explication of how this process works and can be made
safe/testable :

http://cassandra-user-incubator-apache-org.3065146.n2.nabble.com/Ec2Snitch-amp-Other-snitches-td6196494.html

Consider whether you actually want a rack aware Snitch :

If you do, consider using the Gossiping Property File Snitch :

=Rob