From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Migrating to new datacenter
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 21:31:21 GMT
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Brandon McCauslin <bm3780@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I read your response in that 1st URL correctly, it seems changing both
> the snitch and replication strategy at the same time is not advisable and
> could lead to partial data loss.  Is your suggestion of dumping an
> reloading the data into the new cluster still recommended for these
> situations?

The snitch and the replication strategy are interrelated, in some cases you
must change both to change one.

It is possible to do this task in such a way that you eliminate the
potential of data loss. I know, because I've done it. The methodology
described with getendpoints is certainly more tractable if you are not
using vnodes... but it's still possible with vnodes.

It is simpler to do the dump and reload.

=Rob