From DuyHai Doan <doanduy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clearing tombstones?
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 19:31:28 GMT
I was wondering, to remove the tombstones from Sstables created by LCS, why
don't we just set the tombstone_threshold table property to a very small
value (say 0.01)..?

As the doc said (
www.datastax.com/documentation/cql/3.0/cql/cql_reference/compactSubprop.html)
this will force compaction on the sstable itself for the purpose of
cleaning tombstones, no merging with other sstables is done.

In addition this property applies to both compaction strategies :-)

Isn't a little bit lighter than changing strategy and hoping for the best?

Regards

Duy Hai DOAN