From Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading Cassandra
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 22:52:11 GMT
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com> wrote:

> Would you guys consider this way of upgrading as a "best practice" to
> achieve a safe major release upgrade in the cloud (where you can easily add
> clusters and remove old ones) ?

Given the complexity of it and the multiple places this could give you
trouble if you're not careful, I wouldn't suggest it as a general best
practice.  My "best practice" suggestion would be to have a pre-production
environment where you can test the upgrade, and then do a normal rolling
upgrade in production.  (I'm sure ops guys have a bag of different
preferred techniques.)

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>