From Jan Algermissen <jan.algermis...@nordsc.com>
Subject Using C* and CAS to coordinate workers
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2014 22:44:34 GMT
Hi,

maybe someone knows a nice solution to the following problem:

I have N worker processes that are intentionally masterless and do not know about each other
- they are stateless and independent instances of a given service system.

These workers need to poll an event feed, say about every 10 seconds and persist a state after
processing the polled events so the next worker knows where to continue processing events.

I would like to use C*’s CAS feature to coordinate the workers and protect the shared state
(a row or cell in  a C* key space, too).

Has anybody done something similar and can suggest a ‘clever’ data model design and interaction?

Jan