From Ben Bromhead <>
Subject Re: Connect Cassandra rings in datacenter and ec2
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 01:52:21 GMT
You will need to have the nodes running on AWS in a VPC.

You can then configure a VPN to work with your VPC, see
Also as you will have multiple VPN connections (from your private DC and the other AWS region)
AWS CloudHub will be the way to go

Additionally to access your Cassandra instances from your other VPCs you can use VPC peering
(within the same region). See

Ben Bromhead
Instaclustr | | @instaclustr | +61 415 936 359

On 30 Apr 2014, at 11:38 am, Chris Lohfink <> wrote:

> Cassandra will require a different address per node though or at least 1 unique internal
for same DC and 1 unique external for other DCs.  You could look into
or some other vpn solution.
> ---
> Chris Lohfink
> On Apr 29, 2014, at 6:56 PM, Trung Tran <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> We're planning to deploy 3 cassandra rings, one in our datacenter (with more node/power)
and two others in EC2. We don't have enough public IP to assign for each individual node in
our data center, so i wonder how could we connect the cluster together?
>> Have any one tried this before, and if this is a good way to deploy cassandra?
>> Thanks,
>> Trung.

View raw message