From Ben Bromhead <...@instaclustr.com>
Subject Re: Connect Cassandra rings in datacenter and ec2
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 01:52:21 GMT
You will need to have the nodes running on AWS in a VPC.

You can then configure a VPN to work with your VPC, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/VPC_VPN.html.
Also as you will have multiple VPN connections (from your private DC and the other AWS region)
AWS CloudHub will be the way to go http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/VPN_CloudHub.html.

Additionally to access your Cassandra instances from your other VPCs you can use VPC peering
(within the same region). See http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonVPC/latest/UserGuide/vpc-peering.html

Ben Bromhead
Instaclustr | www.instaclustr.com | @instaclustr | +61 415 936 359

On 30 Apr 2014, at 11:38 am, Chris Lohfink <clohfink@blackbirdit.com> wrote:

> Cassandra will require a different address per node though or at least 1 unique internal
for same DC and 1 unique external for other DCs.  You could look into http://aws.amazon.com/vpc/
or some other vpn solution.

> ---
> Chris Lohfink
>
> On Apr 29, 2014, at 6:56 PM, Trung Tran <trung@brightcloud.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We're planning to deploy 3 cassandra rings, one in our datacenter (with more node/power)
and two others in EC2. We don't have enough public IP to assign for each individual node in
our data center, so i wonder how could we connect the cluster together?