From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Re: Apache cassandra not joining cluster ring
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 15:36:14 GMT
On 04/08/2014 11:25 AM, Joyabrata Das wrote:
> Further observed that problematic node has Ubuntu 64-Bit & other nodes
> are Ubuntu 32-Bit, can it be the reason?

This may not be recommended, might/should(?) work, and may be a reason
[0]. My first suggestion would be to remove this variable. This would
also give you a chance to go through the steps of adding a new node to
the cluster again [1] - you might stumble on something.

[0]
http://cassandra-user-incubator-apache-org.3065146.n2.nabble.com/can-I-have-a-mix-of-32-and-64-bit-machines-in-a-cluster-td7583051.html
[1]
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/cassandra/operations/ops_add_node_to_cluster_t.html