From "Lukas Steiblys" <>
Subject Re: Transaction Timeout on get_count
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 14:57:01 GMT
Deleting a column simply produces a tombstone for that column, as far as I know. It’s probably
going through all the columns with tombstones and timing out. Compacting more often should
help, but maybe Cassandra isn’t the best choice overall for what you’re trying to do.

From: Yulian Oifa
Sent: Sunday, April 6, 2014 11:54 AM
Subject: Transaction Timeout on get_count

I am having raw in which approximately 100 values is written per minute.

Those columns are then deleted ( it contains active records list ).
When i am trying to execute get_count on that raw i get transaction timeout , even while the
raw is empty.

I dont see anything in cassandra log on neither node , pending tasks are zero.

What could be a reason for that , and how can it be resolved?

Best regards
Yulian Oifa

View raw message