From Chris Lohfink <>
Subject Re: Recommended Approach for Config Changes
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:08:03 GMT

Some changes you can manually have take affect without a restart (ie compactionthroughput,
things settable from jmx).  There is also config changes you cant really make like switching
the snitch and such without a big todo.

On Apr 25, 2014, at 8:53 AM, Phil Burress <> wrote:

> If I wanted to make a configuration change to a single node in a cluster, what is the
recommended approach for doing that? Is it ok to just stop that instance, make the change
and then restart it?

View raw message