From Batranut Bogdan <batra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Compaction throrheling
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2014 20:54:53 GMT
Is this a setting that will have an impact only on fast cpu + ssd ?
On Thursday, April 24, 2014 11:52 PM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Batranut Bogdan <batranub@yahoo.com> wrote:

Can someone please explain to me what compaction throtheling does ? I am reffering to the
yaml parameter. I have changed it from the default 16 to 160 but i see no improvement. I have
a cluster with hdds. I might be missing something ...

It sets the maximum throughput used for compaction operations, across all compactions.

If your system is i/o or CPU bound on compaction, raising it or setting it to 0 (unlimited)
will have no effect.

=Rob