From "Raveendran, Varsha IN BLR STS" <varsha.raveend...@siemens.com>
Subject Inserts with a dynamic datamodel using Datastax java driver
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:21:36 GMT
Hello,

I am building a write client in java to insert records into  Cassandra 2.0.5.  I am using
the Datastax java driver.

Problem :  The datamodel is dynamic. By dynamic, I mean that the number of columns and the
datatype of columns will be given as an input by the user.  It has only 1 keyspace and 1 column
family.

For inserting records bound statements seems the way to go.  But the bind() function accepts
only a sequence of Objects  ( column values) .
How do I bind the values when the number and datatype of columns is given as input? Any suggestions?

 Thanks & Regards,
Varsha