Does this still apply since we're using 1.2.13?  (should have said that in the original message)>

Thank you.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:
 On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Brian Tarbox <tarbox@cabotresearch.com> wrote:
I've seen this problem with other companies and products: leastloaded as a means of picking servers is almost always liable to death spirals when a server can have a failure.

Is there any way to configure away from this in C*?

Disable the dynamic snitch... via the hidden but still valid [1] configuration directive "dynamic_snitch" in cassandra.yaml.

"dynamic_snitch: false"

Given the various other bad edge cases with the Dynamic Snitch (sending requests to the "wrong" DC on reset, etc.) this might be worth considering in general... especially with the speculative execution stuff in 2.0...

I do note that https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6465 has a patch in 2.0.5, yay...

=Rob