From Andy Atj2 <andya...@gmail.com>
Subject Timeuuid inserted with now(), how to get the value back in Java client?
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2014 00:01:15 GMT
I'm writing a Java client to a Cassandra db.

One of the main primary keys is a timeuuid.

I plan to do INSERTs using now() and have Cassandra generate the value of
the timeuuid.

After the INSERT, I need the Cassandra-generated timeuuid value. Is there
an easy wsay to get it, without having to re-query for the record I just
inserted, hoping to get only one record back? Remember, I don't have the PK.

Eg, in every other db there's a way to get the generated PK back. In sql
it's @@identity, in oracle its...etc etc.

I know Cassandra is not an RDBMS. All I want is the value Cassandra just
generated.

Thanks,
Andy