From Jonathan Lacefield <jlacefi...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: replication_factor: ?
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2014 15:40:17 GMT
Hello,

  The rule of thumb depends on your use case, particularly your consistency
requirements.  Typical configuration is to leverage RF3.  Here's
documentation on consistency levels:
http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/1.2/cassandra/dml/dml_config_consistency_c.html

  If you had a 3 node cluster with an RF 2, then 2 copies of data would
exist on each node., i.e. you would have 2 copies of data in your cluster.

  Hope that helps.

Jonathan Lacefield
Solutions Architect, DataStax
(404) 822 3487