From Michael Dykman <>
Subject Re: C++ build under Ubuntu 12.04
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 16:55:53 GMT
The only listed dependencies: boost and libssh.  I am not even
slightly uncertain if they are installed. Not only did I confirm them
yesterday via dpkg (having installed both via apt-get from Ubuntu's
core repos), I have been explicitly coding against them both for the
past several months on this same workstation.  I can see them all at
thier relative paths and have a couple of working make files then
reference them.  They are also the only items mentioned in the error
message when my build fails:

mdykman@sage:~/projects/datastax-cpp-driver$ cmake .
-- info CMAKE_BINARY_DIR: /home/mdykman/projects/datastax-cpp-driver
-- Could NOT find Boost
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:91
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  extra/ccm_bridge/CMakeLists.txt:37 (find_package)

open ssl is installed in an obvious place "/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h"

as is boost:asio  "/usr/include/boost/asio.hpp"

Does anyone have a hint as to how to edit/debug the search paths being
used by cmake?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 11:39 AM, Michael Shuler <> wrote:
> On 03/04/2014 05:33 PM, Michael Dykman wrote:
>> I am getting errors running the cmake file in a *very* recent download
>> of the C++ driver's source tree.  It seems to be failing to find
>> either boost::asio or openssl libraries.  I defineately have these
>> both installed having developed against them recently (and rechecked
>> with dpkg today).
>> While I have brushed up against cmake before, I have never had to
>> modify CMakeLists.txt before.  Could someone please advise me how to
>> adjust that filoe so it can find the external dependencies?
> You shouldn't need to edit.  Perhaps you are just missing one of the
> dependencies and think you have everything installed  :)
> From a fresh ec2 instance:
> That's how I work through build dependencies - granted that was quick,
> without searching apt-cache, since I've done this before and have a list of
> build deps.  Hope this helps!
> --
> Kind regards,
> Michael