From DuyHai Doan <>
Subject Re: Update and tombstonnes with 2nd index
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2014 22:57:24 GMT
Sorry, my finger slipped on "enter"

So as I said,

*Problems using an index on a frequently updated or deleted column*

Cassandra stores tombstones in the index until the tombstone limit reaches
*100K* cells. After exceeding the tombstone limit, the query that uses the
indexed value will fail.

 Does anyone has technical details about this *100K* limit ? Can someone
give me a pointer to a JIRA or some blog explaining this limitation ?

 Duy Hai DOAN

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 11:55 PM, DuyHai Doan <> wrote:

> Hello
>  I've read the documentation about secondary index and among the use-cases
> to avoid, there is the case of frequenty updated/deleted columns:

View raw message