From Donald Smith <Donald.Sm...@audiencescience.com>
Subject RE: Cassandra DSC 2.0.5 not starting - "* could not access pidfile for Cassandra"
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 17:36:17 GMT
You may need to do "chown -R cassandra /var/lib/cassandra /var/log/cassandra" .

Don

From: user 01 [mailto:userw93@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2014 10:23 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra DSC 2.0.5 not starting - "* could not access pidfile for Cassandra"

$ sudo su - cassandra

I don't know why but this isn't actually working. It does not switch me to cassandra user[btw
.. should this actually switch me to cassandra user?? ]. This user switching on my servers
does not work for users like tomcat7 user, cassandra user but works for users that were manually
created by user. Actually I tested this on two of my test servers but same results on both.