From Cyril Scetbon <>
Subject Re: How to add a new DC to cluster in Cassandra 2.x
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 14:33:03 GMT
Can someone from Datastax confirm this point ? If it's true, is it the same for a decommission
? I mean, if we decommission a node with old data (in case it has been down for more than
max_hint_window_in_ms and not repaired), will we finally have a situation where old data has
been spread and we need to use repair -pr everywhere to not get (really) old data with LOCAL_ONE
consistency ?

I use branch cassandra-1.2 but if there are differences between this branch and cassandra-2.0
tell me.

On 23 Jan 2014, at 21:53, Robert Coli <> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 7:16 AM, Tupshin Harper <> wrote:
> This should be the doc you are looking for.
> Rebuild (like bootstrap) only streams data from a single source replica per range. IMO,
therefore, the above process "should" end with a "repair all nodes in both data centers with
-pr" step. Otherwise, requests to the new DC with LOCAL_X ConsistencyLevels or CL.ONE may
violate consistency.
> I have bcc:ed, in case they agree and want to modify the above doc.
> =Rob

View raw message