From Duncan Sands <duncan.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra DSC 2.0.5 not starting - "* could not access pidfile for Cassandra"
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:34:22 GMT
Hi user 01,

On 10/03/14 13:11, user 01 wrote:
> I installed DSC 2.0.5 on ubuntu 12.04 with Oracle JRE 7 but dsc 2.0.5 does not
> start after installation. When I check the running status..
>
>     *$ sudo service cassandra status*
>

> it says
>
>     ** could not access pidfile for Cassandra*
>

> & no other messages or anything in logs.
>
> This is happening with 2.0.5 but not with 2.0.4.
>
> Did anyone else came across this issue ? Any idea how to fix this ?

this probably means that the Cassandra process exited.  For example, if there is
an incorrect value in cassandra.yaml then the process will start (so "sudo
service cassandra start" will return a success code), but will then exit once it
discovers the wrong value.  I suggest you start Cassandra in the foreground
(with -f IIRC), so you get all error output directly on your console.

Ciao, Duncan.