From Michael Shuler <mich...@pbandjelly.org>
Subject Re: C++ build under Ubuntu 12.04
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:14:30 GMT
On 03/05/2014 10:55 AM, Michael Dykman wrote:
> The only listed dependencies: boost and libssh.  I am not even
> slightly uncertain if they are installed. Not only did I confirm them
> yesterday via dpkg (having installed both via apt-get from Ubuntu's
> core repos), I have been explicitly coding against them both for the
> past several months on this same workstation.  I can see them all at
> thier relative paths and have a couple of working make files then
> reference them.  They are also the only items mentioned in the error
> message when my build fails:
>
> mdykman@sage:~/projects/datastax-cpp-driver$ cmake .
> -- info CMAKE_BINARY_DIR: /home/mdykman/projects/datastax-cpp-driver
> -- Could NOT find Boost
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:91
> (MESSAGE):
>    Could NOT find LIBSSH2 (missing: LIBSSH2_LIBRARIES LIBSSH2_INCLUDE_DIRS)
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:252
> (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
>    extra/ccm_bridge/cmake/Modules/FindLIBSSH2.cmake:51
> (find_package_handle_standard_args)
>    extra/ccm_bridge/CMakeLists.txt:37 (find_package)

> open ssl is installed in an obvious place "/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h"

libssl != libssh

The LIBSSH2 error is in the output I posted, along with the next command
being the solution: 'apt-get install libssh2-1-dev'

> as is boost:asio  "/usr/include/boost/asio.hpp"
>
> Does anyone have a hint as to how to edit/debug the search paths being
> used by cmake?

It's also documented in
https://github.com/datastax/cpp-driver/blob/master/instruction_win_lin.txt.txt
with the exception that libboost-filesystem-dev and libboost-log-dev
(not available in wheezy/12.04) are no longer needed, per
https://datastax-oss.atlassian.net/browse/CPP-36

All in one line:

sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake libasio-dev
libboost-system-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-test-dev
libboost-program-options-dev libssh2-1-dev

--
Michael