From "Kyle Crumpton (kcrumpto)" <kcrum...@cisco.com>
Subject Question 1: JMX binding, Question 2: Logging
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2014 22:25:07 GMT
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Cassandra. I'm deploying it to a PaaS. One thing this entails is that it
must be able to have more than one instance on a single node. I'm running into the problem
that JMX binds to 0.0.0.0:7199. My question is this: Is there a way to configure this? I have
actually found the post that said to change the the following
JVM_OPTS="$JVM_OPTS -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=127.1.246.3" where 127.1.246.3 is the IP I
want to bind to..
This actually did not change the JMX binding by any means for me. I saw a post about a "jmx
listen address" in cassandra.yaml and this also did not work.
Any clarity on whether this is bindable at all? Or if there are plans for it?

Also-

I have logging turned on. For some reason, though, my Cassandra is not actually logging as
intended. My log folder is actually empty after each (failed) run (due to the port being taken
by my other cassandra process).

Here is an actual copy of my log4j-server.properites file: http://fpaste.org/74470/15510941/

Any idea why this might not be logging?

Thank you and best regards