From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Performance problem with large wide row inserts using CQL
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:49:47 GMT
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM, RĂ¼diger Klaehn <rklaehn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Am I doing something wrong, or is this a fundamental limitation of CQL.

Neither. I believe you are running into
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6737, which is a bug, a
performance bug, which we should and will fix. So thanks for the report. If
you could give a shot to the patch on that issue and check if it helps,
that would definitively be much appreciated.

There is absolutely no fundamental reason why a CQL operation would be more
than 10 times slower than it's thrift equivalent, such dramatic difference
is indicative of a bug, something obviously wrong.

--
Sylvain