From Sylvain Lebresne <sylv...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: Performance problem with large wide row inserts using CQL
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2014 07:36:49 GMT
On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM, RĂ¼diger Klaehn <rklaehn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have cloned the cassandra repo, applied the patch, and built it. But
> when I want to run the bechmark I get an exception. See below. I tried with
> a non-managed dependency to
> cassandra-driver-core-2.0.0-rc3-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar, which I
> compiled from source because I read that that might help. But that did not
> make a difference.
>
> So currently I don't know how to give the patch a try. Any ideas?
>
> cheers,
>
> RĂ¼diger
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> replicate_on_write is not a column defined in this metadata
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.ColumnDefinitions.getAllIdx(ColumnDefinitions.java:273)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.ColumnDefinitions.getFirstIdx(ColumnDefinitions.java:279)
>     at com.datastax.driver.core.Row.getBool(Row.java:117)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.TableMetadata$Options.<init>(TableMetadata.java:474)
>     at com.datastax.driver.core.TableMetadata.build(TableMetadata.java:107)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.Metadata.buildTableMetadata(Metadata.java:128)
>     at com.datastax.driver.core.Metadata.rebuildSchema(Metadata.java:89)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.refreshSchema(ControlConnection.java:259)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.tryConnect(ControlConnection.java:214)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.reconnectInternal(ControlConnection.java:161)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.ControlConnection.connect(ControlConnection.java:77)
>     at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Manager.init(Cluster.java:890)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Manager.newSession(Cluster.java:910)
>     at
> com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster$Manager.access$200(Cluster.java:806)
>     at com.datastax.driver.core.Cluster.connect(Cluster.java:158)
>     at
> cassandra.CassandraTestMinimized$delayedInit$body.apply(CassandraTestMinimized.scala:31)
>     at scala.Function0$class.apply$mcV$sp(Function0.scala:40)
>     at
> scala.runtime.AbstractFunction0.apply$mcV$sp(AbstractFunction0.scala:12)
>     at scala.App$$anonfun$main$1.apply(App.scala:71)
>     at scala.App$$anonfun$main$1.apply(App.scala:71)
>     at scala.collection.immutable.List.foreach(List.scala:318)
>     at
> scala.collection.generic.TraversableForwarder$class.foreach(TraversableForwarder.scala:32)
>     at scala.App$class.main(App.scala:71)
>     at
> cassandra.CassandraTestMinimized$.main(CassandraTestMinimized.scala:5)
>     at cassandra.CassandraTestMinimized.main(CassandraTestMinimized.scala)

I believe you've tried the cassandra trunk branch? trunk is basically the
future Cassandra 2.1 and the driver is currently unhappy because the
replicate_on_write option has been removed in that version. I'm supposed to
have fixed that on the driver 2.0 branch like 2 days ago so maybe you're
also using a slightly old version of the driver sources in there? Or maybe
I've screwed up my fix, I'll double check. But anyway, it would be overall
simpler to test with the cassandra-2.0 branch of Cassandra, with which you
shouldn't run into that.

--
Sylvain