From Rüdiger Klaehn <>
Subject Re: Performance problem with large wide row inserts using CQL
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2014 19:06:11 GMT
Hi Yogi,

Both benchmarks go to different tables. I originally wanted to just write a
lot of data into an empty table and then evaluate what compression ratio I
can expect when I ran into the performance problem.

I am sorry, I forgot to mention this: I did not figure out how to create a
table using AST (it wasn't given in the example that I modified
So the benchmark assumes that the table already exists.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 7:56 PM, Yogi Nerella <> wrote:

> Rudger,
> I am trying this on 2.0.5 to see, but both Scala code and AST code are
> going to different tables?   Can you give the exact AST code you are trying?
> Yogi
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Sylvain Lebresne <>wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Rüdiger Klaehn <>wrote:
>>> Am I doing something wrong, or is this a fundamental limitation of CQL.
>> Neither. I believe you are running into
>>, which is a bug, a
>> performance bug, which we should and will fix. So thanks for the report. If
>> you could give a shot to the patch on that issue and check if it helps,
>> that would definitively be much appreciated.
>> There is absolutely no fundamental reason why a CQL operation would be
>> more than 10 times slower than it's thrift equivalent, such dramatic
>> difference is indicative of a bug, something obviously wrong.
>> --
>> Sylvain

View raw message