From Peter Sanford <psanf...@nearbuysystems.com>
Subject Re: Cass 1.2.11 : java.lang.AssertionError: originally calculated column size
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2014 23:04:23 GMT
The issue you should look at is CASSANDRA-4206.

This is apparently fixed on 2.0 so upgrading is one option. If you are not
ready to upgrade to 2.0 then you can try increasing in_memory_compaction.

We were hitting this exception on one of our nodes and increasing
in_memory_compaction did fix it.

-psanford