From Edward Capriolo <>
Subject Re: Performance problem with large wide row inserts using CQL
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 02:26:10 GMT
Hopefully in 3 years no one will be calling your schema 'legacy' and 'not
suggested' like they do with mine.

On Thursday, February 20, 2014, Laing, Michael <>
> Just to add my 2 cents...
> We are very happy CQL users, running in production.
> I have had no problems modeling whatever I have needed to, including
problems similar to the examples set forth previously, in CQL.
> Personally I think it is an excellent improvement to Cassandra, and we
have no intentions to ever look back to thrift.
> Michael Laing
> Systems Architect
> NYTimes
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Edward Capriolo <>
>> On Thursday, February 20, 2014, Robert Coli <> wrote:
>> > On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Sylvain Lebresne <>

test new features and report problems/suggest improvement. So thanks to
anyone like RĂ¼diger that actually tries stuff and take the time to report
problems when they think they encounter one. Keep at it, *you* are the one
helping Cassandra to get better everyday.

>> > Perhaps people who are prototyping their first application with a
piece of software are not the ideal people to beta test it?

>> > The people catching new version bullets for the community should be
experienced operators choosing to do so in development and staging
>> > The current paradigm ensures that new users have to deal with
Cassandra problems that interfere with their prototyping process and
initial production deploy, presumably getting a very bad initial impression
of Cassandra in the process.
>> > =Rob
>> >
>> You would be surprised how many people pick software a of software b
based on initial impressions.
>> The reason I ended up choosing cassandra over hbase mostly boilded down
to c* being easy to set up and not crashing. If it took us say 3 days to
stand up a cassandra cluster and do the hello world thing i might very well
be a voldemort user!
>> --
>> Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check
than usual.

Sorry this was sent from mobile. Will do less grammar and spell check than

View raw message