From Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>
Subject Re: Data tombstoned during bulk loading 1.2.10 -> 2.0.3
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2014 20:04:22 GMT
On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 12:51 AM, olek.stasiak@gmail.com <
olek.stasiak@gmail.com> wrote:

> We've faced very similar effect after upgrade from 1.1.7 to 2.0 (via
> 1.2.10). Probably after upgradesstable  (but it's only a guess,
> because we noticed problem few weeks later), some rows became
> tombstoned.

To be clear, you didn't run SSTableloader at all? If so, this is the
hypothetical case where normal streaming operations (replacing a node? what
streaming did you do?) results in data loss...

Also, CASSANDRA-6527 is a good reminder regarding the following :

https://engineering.eventbrite.com/what-version-of-cassandra-should-i-run/

=Rob