From Clint Kelly <>
Subject Buffering for lots of INSERT or UPDATE calls with DataStax Java driver?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 21:19:42 GMT

Is there a recommended way to perform lots of INSERT operations in a
row when using the DataStax Java driver?

I notice that the RecordWriter for the CQL3 Hadoop implementation in
Cassandra does some per-data-node buffering of CQL3 queries.  The
DataStax Java driver, on the other hand, supports asynchronous query

In a situation in which we are doing lots of and lots of writes (like
a RecordWriter for Hadoop), do we need to do any buffering or can we
just fire away session.executeAsync(...) calls as soon as they are

Best regards,

View raw message