From Sameer Farooqui <>
Subject Re: First SSTable file is not being compacted
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:53:36 GMT
Yeah, it's definitely repeatable. I have a lab environment set up where the
issue is occurring and I've recreated the lab environment 4 - 5 times and
it's occurred each time.

In my demodb.users CF I currently have 2 data SSTables on disk
(demodb-users-jb-1-Data.db and demodb-users-jb-6-Data.db). However, in
OpsCenter the CF: SSTable Count (demodb.users) graph shows only one SSTable.

The nodetool cfstats command also shows "SSTable count: 1" for this CF.

- SF

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM, Chris Burroughs

> On 02/06/2014 01:17 AM, Sameer Farooqui wrote:
>> I'm running C* 2.0.4 and when I have a handful of SSTable files and
>> trigger
>> a manual compaction with 'nodetool compact' the first SSTable file doesn't
>> get compacted away.
>> Is there something special about the first SSTable that it remains even
>> after a SizedTierCompaction?
> No, this is not expected behavior.  Do the number of live SSTables
> reported match what is on disk?  Do you have a procedure that can repeat
> this?

View raw message