From Ben Hood <0x6e6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Flushing after dropping a column family
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2014 15:53:22 GMT
On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 3:17 PM, DuyHai Doan <doanduyhai@gmail.com> wrote:
> "I'm noticing that using either TRUNCATE or DROP/CREATE in cqlsh appear to
> leave the underlying data behind."
>
>  --> What do you mean by "underlying data" ? Are you talking about
> "snapshots" ?

I was referring to all of the state related to the particular column
family I want to set fire to, be it snapshots, parts of commit logs,
sstables, key caches, row caches, or anything else on or off disk that
relates to said column family.

> If yes, you can wipe them using nodetool clearsnapshots command

This is what I'm doing:

cqlsh:bar> drop table foo;

$ nodetool clearsnapshot bar
Requested clearing snapshot for: bar

cqlsh:bar> create table foo (....);
cqlsh:bar> select * from foo limit 1;

This returns nothing (as you would expect).

But this if I re-run this again after about a minute, the data is back.

I get the same behavior if I use nodetool cleanup, flush, compact or repair.

It's as if there is either a background app process filling the table
up again or if the deletion hasn't taken place.