From Ben Hood <0x6e6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CQL flow control
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 07:08:10 GMT
On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Robert Coli <rcoli@eventbrite.com> wrote:
> I think most deploys of Cassandra deal with this reality by carefully
> managing available capacity so that they don't risk getting in this
> situation.

This is what I have done in my production apps. Basically I have found
the system's sweet spot by calibrating the sustainable throughput and
then I've used netlink to shape the ingress into the CQL drivers.

That said, I was asking this question from the perspective of
implementing the CQL driver, which needs to take a far more generic
approach. In the end it won't free people up from properly assessing
end to end flow control in their apps, but I was looking at ways for
the driver to push back more neatly onto the sending app.