From Ondřej Černoš <cern...@gmail.com>
Subject CorruptSSTableException in system_auth keyspace
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2014 10:09:32 GMT
Hello,

we are trying to add authentication to our Cassandra cluster. We add our
authenticated users during puppet deployment using the default user, which
is then disabled.

We have the following issues:

- we see CorruptSSTableException in system_auth.users table
- we are not able to add users after delete, which can be explained by the
following statement found in the source code: "INSERT INTO %s.%s (username,
salted_hash) VALUES ('%s', '%s') USING TIMESTAMP 0" (see the 0 - is this
really correct?)

nodetool scrub didn't help, compactation didn't help - tombstones were
still there, as well as the exception.

Has anybody else seen this?

It's cassandra 1.2.11 with vnodes on.

regards,